There are two issues affecting the Expobar Brewtus IV-R.
- Explosive steam release and venting
- Water leak at internal connection point
While warming up, the machine will occasionally release steam. (This minor venting is expected.) The problem is that the machine now builds up pressure and releases an excessive amount of steam that won’t abate. See video below.
Video: Explosive Steam Release and Venting
In addition to venting steam uncontrollably, the machine leaks when power is off and components are cold. It stops leaking after powering on and warming up. Based on this behavior, it appears that a connection is slightly loose. When warm, the materials expand and prevent leaking. When cold, the fitting loosens and water can escape.
When enough water has gathered, it starts draining out and onto the counter.
Easy and tasty cookie. Perfect with a Sparino cappuccino.
- 1 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 3/4 C coarsely chopped pecans
- 6 oz unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3/4 C powdered sugar
- Use paddle in KitchenAid stand mixer and beat butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix for a couple minutes.
- Add flour mixture until combined. Dough will be very dry and crumbly.
- Press dough firmly into a small measuring scoop to make little half-sphere cookies.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes.
- 1 T Brown Sugar
- 1 T Granulated Sugar
- 1 T Garlic Salt
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1 T Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
Mix ingredients and rub onto roast.
Grill should be large enough to place the roast to one side with no direct heat underneath. No burners should be lit under the roast.
Fill a smoker box with wood chips and place near flame.
Fill a large disposable aluminum pan with water and keep it in with the roast while cooking. The pan of water helps stabilize the ambient temperature. Replenish water as needed.
Try to keep the ambient grill temp at 205-210 for slow roasting. A 12 lb pork shoulder can take 18-24 hours.
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 healthy T Ancho chile powder
- 1 T Sea salt
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
Mix ingredients. After 10-12 hours of cooking, start brushing on roast. Continue with regular brushing until done.
A young bald eagle visits the neighborhood pond for a drink.
Looking south over the pond at Pepper Hill.
- 4 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 C firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 4 T unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into pieces
- 3/4 C rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish with butter or margarine, or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Spread the blueberries evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- In a bowl, using a pastry blender or fork, mix together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and rolled oats until well combined. Sprinkle evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake until the top is golden and the blueberries are bubbling, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Serve hot or warm.
Fresh spring leaves along the neighborhood trail in Auburn, Washington.